May 31, 2010

Mosaic fridge magnets



I wanted to share this easy project. These were my Mother's day gifts to the Grannies and they both loved it. 


I used a small square piece of hardboard (available at my local craft shop), modge podge, glue, small mosaic tiles, magnets, paint and photographs. I used the modge podge to glue the photos onto the wood and then used it on top of the pictures to give them a protective layer. Once dry, I carefully glued the mosaic tiles around the photos. I glued some magnets on to the back of the hardboard and painted the sides to match the tile colour. All done!  A super fridge magnet. Now I just need to find the time to make some of my own :).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

These are too cute!

Lindy said...

Hi Georgia, which craft shop do you buy from? I am looking for red mosiac tiles and can't find at the places I have been to.

Love and Lollipops said...

Hi Lindy

I bought these at "Joh' se Winkel" in Ridgeworth, Bellville. If you would like more details, feel free to email me at gsetzer@telkomsa.net

Regards,
Georgia

Lindy said...

Ah, forgot about that shop - going there tomorrow then!!

Karie said...

So Cute! Love the idea. Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

I am attempting these for Mother's Day after seeing the post on Pinterest. What did you use for magnets? I bought magnetic tape and get it to stick

Love and Lollipops said...

I used magnetic strips that I glued on. Why don't you add extra glue to your magnetic tape - a glue gun works really well. Hope that helps!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...