May 2, 2010

Fun with Photos : Photo Art



I just LOVE projects that involve photographs and so I thought I would share this very easy idea with you. I wish I could say that I did this art work, however all these pictures were painted by a very creative friend of mine and given to me as a gift. This first picture is one that was framed in Big One's room when he was a little younger. The rest are pages from two books that start at his birth and share moments of the first two years of his life.

first smiles...


first funnies...


first steps...


first friends...


Every page of these two dear-to-my-heart books has a different feel and theme and is as gorgeous as these I have shared with you. 

This is really a project that anybody can do. Paper, paint and a matt photograph is all that is required. I have also added some embellishments (as you may have noticed) to some of the pages, just to add some more fun!

You can also do bigger pictures using more than one photograph. Paint a boat and have the children looking out of the portholes, a train with them sitting in the carriages, or a big bus or house with lots of windows and their faces peeking out...there are so many possibilities. Just remember that when working with more than one photograph on your page, the pre-planning of your picture is a bit more important.

So here is one more from the book, one of my favourites, a special Big One-Mommy moment.


If you do decide to do this art project, please let me know. I would just love to see your masterpieces!

4 comments:

kim west said...

I think these are just fabulous! really! they are amazing!

katherinemarie said...

I am in love. What an absolute TREASURE!!!!! Projects like this not only make for beautiful EYE-CANDY, but they let kids know how loved and special they are! Your kiddos now have a visual representation of your love and affection. So cool.

Crystal said...

This is too cute!
I'm sure your little one will enjoy looking at them for years to come!

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

That's cool too! I might have to try that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...