January 19, 2012

Georgie's Picks {Cakes II}


Georgie's Picks is a post where I share some of my favourite moments and pictures.

In 2010 I wrote about some cakes...cakes that I was lucky enough to photograph and eat!
Today I'm sharing some more.


When my own little monkey turned one, it seemed perfect to have a Curious George Party. It was a great theme - balloons, bright colours, bubbles and of course lots of little monkeys running around. This cake was baked by Marleen, a lady who has baked many wonderful cakes for me over the years.

Jake and the Never Land Pirates - this amazing cake was baked by 


I did a whole post about this Spider Party. This terrific tarantula was also baked by The Chocolate Moose and just in case you are assuming that this was a hard-core boy party - it wasn't!


I love the simplicity and colours of this Beach/Pool Party cake.


The perfect cake for a Soccer Party.


And this one took me way back to my childhood. Did you have a Kewpie Doll? I did - a BIG one - well, she seemed rather big at the time. This is another cake by Marleen, baked for my sister-in-law's baby shower. If you would like Marleen's details, please send me an email.

To view my previous "Cakes" post, click here.

So basically, if you want your cake to be famous (Love and Lollipops type fame)...just invite me to your party and I'll come and eat...I mean photograph it for you and share it here :).

Till next time...

3 comments:

Joyfulmama said...

ooohh, I love that beach cake!! (Not sure if it is because it looks yummy or if it's this sweltering heat driving me towards anything cool, though! Lovely post, my friend!

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

These are amazing!

km said...

So incredible!!! all of them! I'm in awe of anyone who can decorate and bake with such talent! and yes I had a Kewpie doll... I love them so much... I even have a small collection. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...